Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point
Posted by admin on November 6, 2009
Cisco Small Business Model WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point allows you to add Wireless-N (802.11n) to your network with greater range and mobility. The WAP4410N supports 802.11n, and also backward supports 802.11g and 802.11b, allowing you to use your existing wireless devices.
The WAP4410N Access Point has three detachable 2dBi omni-directional antennas. You can connect the WAP4410N Access Point to your network by using either a PoE switch or a standard switch. The WAP4410N supports multiple Virtual LANs.
The WAP4410N works right out of the box with the default settings. You can however change the settings so that they work on your existing network by using the a web-based configuration utility. It’s easy to configure the WAP4410N Access Point.
To configure the WAP4410N:
- Connect the WAP4410N to your network or switch.
- Connect your computer to your same network as the WAP4410N.
- Configure your computer to be on the same subnet as the access point. The default IP for the WAP4410N is 192.168.1.245 and a default mask is 255.255.255.0.
- Open a web browser, either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- In the address bar, enter 192.168.1.245 and press Enter key.
- In the User Name and Password fields, enter admin. The default user name and password is admin.
- Click Log in.
After you login to the WAP4410N, you should change the default password. You may change the default settings, such as IP address or subnet mask, and you may configure the access point to support multiple virtual LANs or subnets.
Where to get the WAP4410N? Follow the link below: